So you just booked a pick up for your old furniture… Now here’s what you can expect from Furniture Bank following your booking and what you can do to best prepare for the big day.
- After booking your furniture pick up you will receive a confirmation email stating the following:
- Confirmed date of your pick up
- Personal reference number for your donation (If you stumble across anything additional you would like to have picked up, please feel free to get in touch with your Furniture Bank contact so we can best accommodate your request)
- Cost of pick up fee
- Estimated value of your in-kind tax receipt.
- On the day of your pick up, one of our drivers and drivers helpers will arrive at your home in a Furniture Bank truck (feel free to snap a pic and tag @Furniture_Bank on social media). They will be be wearing a Furniture Bank uniform including safety boots that they must keep on for protection while lifting and moving your old furniture and boxes out from your home.
- The best way you can prepare for your furniture pick up is by making sure the walkway into your home is clear and your donation items are organized and ready for removal. Here’s what you can do to make the furniture removal process as smooth and pain free as possible for on the day of your pick up:
- If furniture items being donated are on the 3rd floor of a home please bring them down to the 1st or 2nd floor if possible
- Make sure housewares items are packaged safely in boxes (marking the box with an idea of the contents would be awesome!)
- If your donating a bed frame please disassemble it before our driver team arrives and if you’re donating carpets or rugs make sure they are rolled up and safely taped. Click here to see more furniture and housewares items we accept.
Our Inbound Sales Team will be happy to answer any questions you have about our furniture pick up service, Monday to Friday between 9:00am-4:30pm.
Give us a call at 416.934.1229 x 2 or click here to learn more about Furniture Bank’s donation process.