To sign up for volunteer opportunities, please click here.
At Furniture Bank, volunteers are our lifeblood. When our clients reach out to us, a volunteer answers the call. When clients arrive to choose the furniture that will furnish their new home, a volunteer is there to greet them warmly and assist them in their choice. As clients tour the warehouse to select pieces that will best serve their family in setting up their new home, they see the work of our volunteers, who have stocked and arranged donated furniture.
Since 2008, we have been fortunate to benefit from about 60,000 volunteer hours in departments such as Client Services, Warehouse Support and Fundraising. In 2012, nearly 600 dedicated volunteers contributed about 10,000 hours to Furniture Bank, but we're always looking for more volunteers.
Who Can Volunteer?
- Groups (corporate, organizations, schools etc.)
Furniture Bank can accommodate groups of up to 10 individuals Tuesday through Saturday to assist in our warehouse or with our clients.
For individual, or school group volunteers please call (416) 934-1229 ext. 712 or fill out this form.
For corporate volunteer groups, please call (416) 934-1229 ext. 717 to schedule the best time for you to come in.
There are many ways to offer your talent and time, including:
- Working with clients to help families walk through our showroom.
- Sorting in the warehouse to replenish every day essentials for our clients.
- Helping with administration including scheduling and file organization.
- Supporting fundraising by sharing your research and writing skills.
- Becoming a Chair Affair volunteer to support our signature annual event.
Introduce Furniture Bank to your networks!
We always need support connecting with new donors and other volunteers.