READY TO MOVE? CALL THE PROFESSIONALS!
Perhaps the last time you moved was 10 years ago or maybe longer. Moving is definitely not something we do on a regular basis. Many people have lived in the same home for 30, 40, or even 50 years.
Moving can come across as overwhelming luckily there are people who can help. An easy way of finding professional assistance to ask family and friends for referrals. Chances are if the company did an exceptional job for them, they will do an exceptional job for you.
WHAT TYPES OF PROFESSIONALS EXIST IN THE MOVING INDUSTRY?
They take care of all the moving details and create a “moving experience.” You can ask them to recommend stagers, realtors and trades people, book the movers, schedule packing, arrange for the removal of surplus items and set up your new home. Move Organizers can be referred to as the one-call-does-it-all people.
Home stagers decorate and give your house a makeover to present your house in the best condition. Whether that be a simple thing like removing and adding certain furniture, adding decorations, or a combination of both. This way, potential buyers would have a better first impression of your home. If you are lucky, you may obtain a quicker sale and possibly with a better ideal sale price.
Real estate agents
Real estate agents help you start your moving process by listing and selling your house. They also help you in finding your new home.
Specifically to sellers, real estate agents:
- Will meet with and understand the needs of sellers with new listings.
- They will research the current local market activity and comparable properties to establish an asking price.
- Take digital photos of your home, inside and outside, to prepare a listing presentation and advertising collateral.
- List the property on relevant listing sites or services.
Real estate lawyers
Real estate lawyers help you navigate through the process of buying and selling your house. They document and review real estate transactions including purchases, leases, inspections, and appraisals.
In a typical home purchase, a seller enters into a brokerage contract with a real estate agent.
- When the broker finds a potential buyer, negotiations are conducted through the broker.
- Once an informal agreement is reached, buyer and seller enter into a formal written contract for the sale, purchase agreement.
- The buyer is then given a commitment for financing.
- Title search, the process of determining from the public record what the property rights are and who owns them, is conducted to satisfy both lender and buyer.
- Lastly the property is transferred from seller to buyer. The seller receives the purchase amount bargained for in the contract.
Mortgage brokers, banks and other lending institutions
They provide financing options for your new home purchase.
Mortgage brokers are professional agents who do freelance work. They go between lenders and borrowers and are paid a commission from the lenders for acquiring a good borrower. You can think of them as recruiters who seek out people who are interested in borrowing for a home and then connect them with a lender that will work for them. They can also go between you and big banks for a mortgage.
Banks provide clients with different types of loans for mortgage, whether that be a fixed rate, closed or open variable rate, a plan that works as a line of credit and more. You will have to do your own research on the different mortgage loans each financial institute offers and weigh your options.
Moving companies help you with your actual move on moving day. The challenge in finding moving companies is to find one that works for you. Make sure to spend time in researching your moving company before you move to ensure that moving day is as stress-free as possible. When requesting for a quote, ask them to provide an on-site quote and do not rely on a quote over the phone.
With the right combination of professionals involved in your move, it should not be as stressful as you originally thought it would be.
Click here to learn more about what you should do to prepare for your move!