You are representing Furniture Bank in the community and providing each donor and client with exceptional service.
As a Crew Leader, you will be responsible for safely operating and driving a truck to pick up and deliver furniture and household goods, as well as assisting in the loading and unloading of the truck. The Crew Leader will also be responsible for collecting payments from donors.
We are looking for a positive, ambitious professional who can stand behind Furniture Bank’s mission to changes lives by providing gently-used furniture and housewares to people emerging from homelessness and displacement.
• Operate and drive 18 ‐ 22 ft. trucks transporting furniture and household items
• Perform pre‐trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment
• Deliver furniture & housewares to clients or pick up furniture from donors
• Identify destinations, establish routes and maintain schedules
• Load and unload furniture to and from the truck safely
• Arrange furniture on our showroom floor
• Arrange furniture inside client’s home when asked
• Maintain truck; comply with policies and standards
• Maintain driving records by obtaining receipts, completing driver’s log and truck performance forms
• Collect fee when applicable and issue receipts to donors
• Team player
• Able to lift up to 100lbs on a regular basis
• Able to read and navigate GPS software (or learn to)
• Maintain a positive image of Furniture Bank
• Must be customer service focused
• Able to work weekend shifts a HUGE asset
• At least three years of truck driving experience
• Requirement: Professional designations (licenses) valid “G” Ontario driver’s license, must have a clean driver’s abstract
• Comfortable working in both outdoor and indoor environments
• Make sure each and every donor and client has a positive experience. Show passion for great service and a positive can-do attitude!
• Based on work experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
FURNITURE BANK VALUES:
EMPATHY – The ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
INTEGRITY – The quality of being honest and acting according to Furniture Bank values and behaviours; the state of being whole and undivided.
COLLABORATION – The act of working with others to produce or create something great.
RESILIENCE – The capacity to recover quickly from setbacks and difficulties.
CHANGE AGENT – A person who acts as a catalyst for change, who stimulates, facilitates or coordinates mission driven change.
Furniture Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from any qualified and interested candidate. Let us know if there are any accommodations that would make the job application process more accessible to you.