Who We Are Looking For:
First and foremost, we are looking for ambassadors in the community, focused on providing each Furniture Bank donor and client with exceptional service.
We are looking for a positive, ambitious professional who can stand behind Furniture Bank’s mission to changes lives by providing gently-used furniture and housewares to people emerging from homelessness and displacement.
We are looking for driver and movers who will make the grade, will help advance our shared mission, and who know their safety records are up to standards when ensuring the safety of our community. We are also looking for people who appreciate fitness and recognize that moving heavy things at work is a great way to stay in shape.
A good sense of humour is important.
In this role you will:
- Operate an 18‐22 ft. truck transporting donated items
- Deliver furniture & housewares to clients or pick up furniture from donors
- Identify destinations, establish routes and maintain schedules
- Load and unload furniture to and from the truck safely
- Arrange furniture on our showroom floor or inside clients’ homes
- Maintain truck; comply with policies and standards
- Maintain driving records by obtaining receipts, completing drivers log and truck performance forms digitally
- Collect fees when applicable and issue receipts to donors
You Should Apply If You
- Have a valid “G” Ontario driver’s license, with a clean driver’s abstract
- No commercial experience necessary (we offer training)
- Are a reliable team player
- Can lift up to 100lbs on a regular basis
- Are able to read and navigate GPS software (or learn to)
- Maintain a positive image for yourself, Furniture Bank and donors and clients
- Are customer service focused
- Possess our team philosophy and values (see below)
- Can ensure each and every donor and client have a positive experience
- Can show positivity and passion for great service
- Are comfortable working in both outdoor and indoor environments
- Are comfortable getting a criminal reference check
- Possess one to two years of truck driving experience
- Able to work weekend shifts
What You Get
- Competitive salary based on work experience
- Extended Health Benefits Plan and both vacation and sick time
- Chance to work with cool people making a difference in this world
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing organization
Who We Are
A leading registered charity, Furniture Bank changes lives by providing furniture and housewares to people experiencing poverty or displacement. We think we’re a pretty fun group of changemakers driven to make this world a better place. Fast paced and growing, we live by our core values: empathy, resilience, and integrity. We are change agents. We are collaborative. And we value green, because, you know… we only have this one planet and stuff.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter along with your resume at the following email address: email@example.com
Furniture Bank thanks all individuals who apply for this position and we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
Furniture Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from members of designated groups.
Furniture Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from any qualified and interested candidate. At Furniture Bank, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees, volunteers, clients, donors, and vendors feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Let us know if there are any accommodations that would make the job application process more accessible to you.