- Valid “G” Ontario driver’s license
- Knowledge of the city routes a bonus
- Delivers furniture to clients and pickups from donors identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; unloading items; maintaining schedule.
- Help maintain truck operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; scheduling repairs.
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as province and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing delivery/pickup sheets and truck performance forms
- Leadership and supervision of Driver Helper
Loading and Unloading Responsibilities:
- Loads truck by moving furniture from the floor and placing, and securing it in the body of the truck.
- Driver will move just about anything (for example, furniture, office supplies, equipment) weights vary depending on item.
- Must be able to lift up to 100lbs on an occasional basis 50lbs on a consistent basis
- Repetitive bending, lifting, squatting, twisting and walking
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Work within an multicultural and multilingual environment
- Must be able to work amongst diverse populations
- Strong customer service skills, adaptable and flexible and deal effectively with customer complaints
- Effective verbal communication skills with a customer service focus
- Deadline Oriented, Travel, Acute Vision, Dependability
- Represents the ‘Furniture Bank’ in a professional manner at all times
- Able to utilize innovative alternatives in responds to the unique needs of our customer base
- Available to work weekends and weekdays