House to Home
What is House to Home?
Through House to Home, we engage the design community and corporate teams in transformative volunteer experiences.
Working with an interior designer volunteer, and using donated furniture and housewares curated from our floor, your team will personalize an entire home for a family transitioning from homelessness or displacement.
Together, you will:
- Support a family by ‘designing’ their new home
- Bond as a group
- Have fun and be creative
Click here to see a House to Home project in action.
How House to Home Works
- Engagement and planning materials for your team
- Volunteer interior designer and Furniture Bank liaison assigned to project
- Event team-building activities include – cleaning, design, and layout of furniture in rooms
- Whole-home design and reveal for client family
Group size: Max 10
Time Needed: 6 hours
Cost: Starting at $3,000
- Briefing of client family
- Supervision and support by Furniture Bank Staff
- Snacks and beverages
- Debrief of impact and photo opportunities
- Opportunity for impact video production (incremental cost)
- Rewarding teams
- Team building
Why House to Home?
- Harnesses the strengths of teams working cooperatively
- Results are immediately visible and tangible
Transformationalexperience for employees
- Increased employee retention and pride in the workplace
- Increased employee purpose
SouthShore Furniture, 1-800 GOT-JUNK?, Bedford Brooks Design Inc.