HOUSE APPEARANCE IS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR TO SELLING IT OFF
Credit: Downsizing Diva
Thoughts of moving is already in play and the plan is to sell the house off before moving into your newly bought property. Before listing your house on the market, you wish to clean and have the house in its best shape for display. You have already thought about home staging but your budget doesn’t exactly allow you to go for that option. With that said, you will by your own means to tidy up your house before listing it on the real estate market.
Whenever you meet a person for the first time, it is very important to make a good first impression. You only have one chance to make a good first impression.
First impressions are important when selling your house. It will either attract the buyer or turn them down.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Is the house welcoming and well-maintained?
- Are cars, bikes and tools put away?
- Can you park a car in the garage?
- Does the doorbell work?
- Are the windows clean? Are the screens functional?
- Are trees and shrubs trimmed? Is the garden weeded?
- Are there burnt-out light bulbs?
- Is the backyard presentable?
- Is garbage stored out-of-sight?
- Are all lights working?
- Do any walls, trim or ceilings need painting?
- Can furniture be moved or removed to make the house look bigger?
- Do the kitchens and bathrooms sparkle?
- Are curtains in good repair? Are they clean?
- Is there peeling wallpaper or broken ceramic tiles?
- Are beds made?
- Do floor coverings detract from the look of the house?
- Are storage systems adequate, but not overloaded?
- Is the kitchen spotless and uncluttered?
- Does it look like there is enough cupboard space?
- Are there cobwebs or dust-bunnies in the corners?
- Is there a place for everything? Is everything in its place?
- Are toys put away?
- Is the lower level attractive? Is the attic accessible?
- If you have pets, does the house pass the “sniff” test?
First impressions are important and hopefully your house will have a great first impression to potential buyers.