Ever think your sharp shooting sales skills could change the world for the better? What if your ability to connect with people, could help women and children transitioning out of shelters? Or if your ability to multi-task, listen and empathize, could help refugees and newcomers settle and find the stability they need to thrive? Your brilliance closing deals alleviate landfill pressures and make our world a green place! At Furniture Bank, we are ALL driven by our shared mission to help people who need it, making the world a better place through the work that we do.
Furniture Bank is a leading social enterprise operating within a registered charity, that is working towards a world in which everyone has the stability and dignity of a furniture home. We change lives by providing furniture and housewares to people experiencing poverty or displacement.
If you are a motivated, competitive sales talent who is comfortable on the phone and wants to help bring joy and dignity to people in our community who need a helping hand, please read on!
As inside sales rep you will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable answering and making dozens of calls per day, working with outside sales & marketing teams, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
Base + Commission structure with opportunities for advancement.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound leads, outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly quota for closed/won opportunities
- Accurately record all required information and customer interactions into Salesforce CRM
- Participate in weekly overviews
- Participate at trade shows selling our service
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of inside sales experience
- Solid interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Salesforce, Gmail, Google Docs & Sheets
- Typing proficiency (40 – 50 wpm)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized and able to handle tasks related to a successful call
- Experience in fundraising an asset, not a requirement
- Operational knowledge of the Privacy Act an asset
Efforts (physical, mental)
- Ability to work both autonomously and under pressure.
- Positive, passionate and empathetic attitude and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and goals.
- Constantly on phone (average 6 hours a day);
- Casual dress;
- 40 hours per week; Friendly colleagues.
Furniture Bank Values
RESILIENCE – The capacity to recover quickly from setbacks and difficulties at Furniture Bank
EMPATHY – The ability to understand and share the feelings of another at Furniture Bank
INTEGRITY – The quality of being honest and acting according to Furniture Bank values and behaviours; the state of being whole and undivided
COLLABORATION – The act of working with others to produce or create something great at Furniture Bank
CHANGE AGENT – A person who acts as a catalyst for change, who stimulates, facilitates or coordinates mission driven change within and outside of Furniture Bank
GREEN – IS GREAT!
Furniture Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from any qualified and interested candidate. Let us know if there are any accommodations that would make the job application process more accessible to you.