You are representing Furniture Bank in the community and providing each donor and client with exceptional service.
The position is responsible for picking up and moving furniture and household goods from our kind and generous donors, and delivering them to our clients – families and individuals transitioning out of homelessness and/or displacement.
This entails greeting donors and clients, loading and unloading furniture in and out of the truck to and from people’s homes in a professional and safe manner.
We are looking for happy, energetic individuals who want to help make a difference in people’s lives.
- Deliver furniture & housewares to clients or pick up furniture from donors
- Identify destinations, establish routes and maintain schedules
- Load and unload furniture to and from the truck in a safe manner
- Arrange furniture on our showroom floor
- Arrange furniture inside client’s home when asked
- Maintain your truck
- Verify schedule with clients and donors and calling before arrival
- Collect fee when applicable and give out receipts
- Ensure furniture is ready for deliveries
- Other day-to-day activities that support the team
- Team players only!
- Able to lift up to 100lbs on a regular basis
- Able to read and navigate GPS software (or learn to)
- Maintain a positive image of Furniture Bank
- Must be customer service focused
- Able to work weekend shifts a HUGE asset
- Strong customer service and communication skills, moving and warehousing experience, ability to deal with customer complaints, and critical thinking and time management skills
- Comfortable working in both outdoor and indoor environments.
- Make sure each and every donor and client has a positive experience. Show passion for great service and a positive can-do attitude!
- Based on work experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits
Furniture Bank Values:
EMPATHY – The ability to understand and share the feelings of another
INTEGRITY – The quality of being honest and acting according to Furniture Bank values and behaviours; the state of being whole and undivided.
COLLABORATION – The act of working with others to produce or create something great
RESILIENCE – The capacity to recover quickly from setbacks and difficulties
CHANGE AGENT – A person who acts as a catalyst for change, who stimulates, facilitates or coordinates mission driven change
Furniture Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from any qualified and interested candidate. Let us know if there are any accommodations that would make the job application process more accessible to you.
Working at Furniture Bank:
We are passionate about our work and helping the people we serve.
We trust our staff to make the right decisions.
You will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference.
We are driven by a shared set of values that focus not only on providing the best customer service, but also recognizing, developing, and caring for our own (that means you).