Position Overview (volunteer role)
You are representing Furniture Bank in the community and introducing trade show attendees to Furniture Bank, the communities it serves, and its social enterprise services, that in large part fund the furnishing the homes of nearly 12,000 people needing help, annually.
The position is responsible for generating leads for Furniture Bank’s various services and programs, primarily, for its furniture and housewares donation pick-up and transfer service.
Furniture Bank is looking for happy, energetic individuals, with sales, business development, and PR skills and experience, wanting to make a difference in lives of people who need help.
Why Do This?
- Increasing donations of furniture and housewares so that more families can be helped
- Keeping usable furniture and housewares out of landfill
- Expand your sales skills/experience
- Be part of a committed and passionate team
- Attend Shows completing two or three, four to six-hour shifts (generally FRI – MON)
- Develop a deep understanding of Furniture Bank’s mission, vision and values
- Develop a deep understanding of Furniture Bank’s social enterprises and position furniture pick-up and transfer, among other solutions, through this lens
- Open discussions to develop leads and/or close opportunities at Shows
- Use technology onsite to track leads and/or complete sales
- Occasionally the position will be asked to help with set-up / teardown of tradeshow booth
- Volunteer recruitment will be encouraged
- Serve as goodwill ambassadors for Furniture Bank
- Participate in training (details to be determined)
- Sales/ PR / Business developmentbackground
- Experience with:
- Lead generation
- Overcoming objections
- Salesforce experience is an asset
Volunteers can expect to be scheduled for two to three shifts over a Friday-Monday period.
Volunteers can have influence on which shifts they are most available to do and/or coordinate and switch with others on the team. Each shift is 4-6 hours, max.
Furniture Bank will be participating in 6 –8 shows in 2018.
Furniture Bank will sometimes draw on volunteer pool to assist in a range of other community and fundraising events, which can serve as additional opportunities to meet this minimum time commitment.
Show Dates (more to come)
- February 16-19th – The GTA Home and Reno Show, The International Centre
- March 9-18th – National Home Show, Enercare Centre
- April 28-29th – Party for the Planet, Toronto Zoo
- May 4th – Caregiver Show
- May 11-13th – Buy Good Feel Good Show, Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place
- May 25-27th – Canada Furniture Show, the International Centre
- Sep. 28-30th – The Toronto Fall Home Show, Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place
- Oct. 2018 (TBD) – ZOOMER Show, Enercare Centre, Exhibition
- Team players only!
- Maintain a positive image of Furniture Bank
- Travel to various trade show sites across the GTA
- Dress code is business casual
- All materials supplied
For more information or to apply, contact:
Catriona Delaney, Community Manager
There are eight openings for this position.