Effective March 17
At Furniture Bank, we know that basic home essentials are vital to our clients and mission but our operation is currently not set up for adequate social distancing and on a daily basis we have a significant volume of visitors, clients and volunteers, at our warehouses. While we have been following best practice and recommendations the current crisis requires changes must be made at this time.
- Furniture Removal Pickup Bookings remain open
- Physical operations for families and agencies appointments is paused until April 6th
- No volunteers on site until April 6th
- Drop off donations are closed until April 6th
- Furniture Repair Workshop Program is closed
- Furniture Recycling Program is closed
- Home Goods Sorting Program is closed
- Corporate Volunteer Experience Program is closed
- Furniture Bank Learning Centre is closed
- Furniture Bank Support Services are closed (Barrie and Scarborough are closed)
- NEW – Distanced Furniture Removal Service now available (March 18)
Please know that we will be making regular adjustments to our services, operations, and staffing models in this rapidly changing environment. We intend to align our decisions with the best information available and will do our best to be responsible and timely in making and communicating decisions.
The safety and well-being of our client families, volunteers, and employees continues to be our top priority as we continue to monitor and respond to the evolving impact of COVID-19 on our community.
Thank you for understanding and your continued support of our mission.
Executive Director, Furniture Bank (Toronto)
Furniture Bank Network Champion
a. Self Isolated till further notice