Who We’re Looking For: First and foremost, we are looking for ambassadors in the community, focused on providing each Furniture Bank donor and client with exceptional service.
We are looking for a positive, ambitious professional who can stand behind Furniture Bank’s mission to changes lives by providing gently-used furniture and housewares to people emerging from homelessness and displacement.
This position is responsible for moving furniture and household goods and performing material handling activities.
In this role, you will:
- Load, unload and move furniture and household goods by hand or using basic material handling equipment
- Move household goods and furniture onto and off of moving trucks or vans
- Perform other material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking
- Operate loading devices to load and unload materials onto and off of trucks, and loading docks of warehouses and industrial establishments
- Retrieve materials in warehouses
- May perform other activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials
You Should Apply If You Have
- Possess a basic education
- Some experience preferred
- Are able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis and 100lbs occasionally (physical role)
- Working conditions: Warehouse setting environment. Safety shoes required. Casual dress. Flexible hours. Repetitive bending, lifting, squatting, twisting and walking.
Who We Are
A leading registered charity, Furniture Bank changes lives by providing furniture and housewares to people experiencing poverty or displacement. We think we’re a pretty fun group of changemakers driven to make this world a better place. Fast paced and growing, we live by our core values: empathy, resilience, and integrity. We are change agents. We are collaborative. And we value green, because, you know… we only have this one planet and stuff.
Please submit your cover letter along with your resume at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Furniture Bank thanks all individuals who apply for this position and we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
Furniture Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from members of designated groups.
Furniture Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from any qualified and interested candidate. At Furniture Bank, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees, volunteers, clients, donors, and vendors feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Let us know if there are any accommodations that would make the job application process more accessible to you.