Downsizing Diva is thrilled to work with Furniture Bank!
For over 14 years, Downsizing Diva has been helping people in Toronto downsize, organize and move. One of the biggest challenges facing people who are downsizing to a smaller home is figuring out what to do with surplus stuff.
People are happy to give “safe passage” to things they don’t want, use or need and that’s why the Divas love working with Furniture Bank, right here in Toronto.
Furniture Bank is a registered charity which transfers gently used furniture and household items to people who have recently transitioned out of homelessness, women and children escaping abusive situations and refugees and newcomers to Canada. They help turn an empty space into a true home.
Thinking about downsizing? It’s easy, the DIVA way…
- Figure out what fits you and your lifestyle.
- Keep what you want, use, need and enjoy.
- Ask family and friends if there is anything they would treasure.
- Make sure surplus items are clean and in good repair.
- Donate to Furniture Bank and make a difference in someone’s life!
Time to think about how good it would feel to give someone a fresh start!
- A family sitting around your dining room table, sharing dinner and creating memories…just like you did with your family.
- A neighbour coming home at the end of a long day at work and relaxing in the easy chair that doesn’t fit in your new home.
- A student following his dream at a desk your children have out-grown.
- A pre-schooler sleeping in a bed that was in your guest room, unused
- An older person enjoying one of your treasures in her new home.
Sharing what you have with others is a priceless gift and the best part is… you both feel good when you do it! It’s Win-Win!
Call Furniture Bank to find out when you can bring your items to their facility in Etobicoke (416.934.1229 x 2) or schedule a pick-up. Either way, you will be making a huge difference to someone you don’t even know and… that’s a very good thing!
Ready to downsize? Click on the truck and let us help you get started.