Distanced team building
Help your community respond to the crisis while working from home
How it Works:
- You fill the form below to plan your companies event with Furniture Bank. (Group size 1 to 200 staff possible)
- Company supports your staff to volunteer to “spring clean for furniture bank” from home. Get your donations ready!
- You book a Distanced Pickup with Furniture Bank when ready to donate.
- Special flat rate cost to support the charities COVID Response Emergency Fund paid by the corporate partner.
- On Pickups social share your personal contribution to the community response! #TOGETHERWECAN
An amazing (and safe) corporate volunteer opportunity!
Frequently asked questions
To coordinate this event and pay for all staff and trucks involved we are asking for a $250 per employee volunteer. This provides critical funding for unbudgeted COVID Emergency Funding needed. These funds cover coordination of volunteer event with each staff member, transport to collect the donation and fund the processing work at Furniture Bank to get donations ultimately into a home. You can see all the steps AFTER your pickup that your fee supports here.
YES! Our critical needs are furniture, housewares, and funding to accelerate operations. There are many ways companies have supported in the past (keeping distancing in mind):
- Help promote Furniture Bank's Pickup Service through your own radio, TV, digital channels.
- In-kind donations of cleaning supplies
- Financial Donations
While we’d love to accept all donations, our mission is to provide our clients with the essential items needed to create a home, such as chairs, tables, sofas, dressers, and housewares.
The full list of items that we can accept is found here.
Spring cleaning from home to support our crisis response.
With the COVID-19 Crisis we have paused our traditional corporate volunteer and employee engagement opportunities on site at Furniture Bank.
At this time we need corporate volunteer support to focus on getting donated furniture and housewares into the charity safely for your staff, our staff, and the families we serve.
This ‘Spring Clean from Home‘ event has worked well, and is a critical component to our emergency stabilization work as a charity. Let’s talk about how this can be a great team building event in these challenging times.
In a corporate volunteers own words!
Help those in your community
A house is not a home without furniture…
We rely on a core team of dedicated volunteers to help us achieve our mission to end furniture poverty.
Whether helping on the showroom floor with clients or refurbishing furniture in the Workshop, there are many ways to share your time and talent with Furniture Bank.
If you’re interested in supporting our mission to redirect gently-used furniture to marginalized families and individuals embarking on a fresh start, read on to see how you can help.